These 10 Summer Fancy Food Show Products Will Make You Say WOW
JFG Nation, it’s my last Summer Fancy Food Show post. This time:
MY FAVORITE SFFS17 NON-SWEET FOODS/DRINKS!
1. Er Boqueron: this company sells seawater. Yes, saltwater. I was skeptical since I thought you weren’t supposed to drink saltwater, but the seawater beer was surprisingly good and supposedly doesn’t cause hangovers. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
2. Puffworks: The non-cheese puff trend already exists abroad and has been explored by Herr’s. These PB puffs basically tasted like oversized cereal pieces, like big and slightly softer Peanut Butter Crunch. Tasty.
3. Zesty Z: My favorite spread of the show. Za’atar spice is Lebanese and delicious – sesame, oregano, salt, rhyme – it’s delicious on bread and meat. And now, in spread form! Super flavorful and easy. LOVED THIS.
4. Bonafide Drinkable Veggies: I was hesitant to try these drinkable veggies until I noticed THEY WEREN’T VEGETARIAN. They were puréed veggies flavored with bone broth. Veggies flavored with meat? YES. And they were delicious, veggie flavor on point. THIS is what V8 ought to be.
5. Xochtil En Fuego Chips: I’ve had this brand of tortilla chip many times but these were new and legit spicy. Not as bad as Doritos Roulette, but pretty close. Prepare to be on fire.
6. Biena Chickpea Snacks: Honestly, my new favorite snack. These dried chickpeas had TONS of flavor and, to me, were basically a healthier version of Corn Nuts. AND I LOVE CORN NUTS. But I might like these Biena Chickpeas more; I could eat the Ranch flavor forever. These didn’t just have a “hint” of flavor; these snacks were BOLD.
7. Jan’s Farmhouse Crisps: an old favorite. These are the best, by far, salty sweet crackers to serve with cheese at fancy dinners. All crackers should strive to be as complex and tasty as Jan’s. Someone buy me more of these.
8. Fuller Serious Cheese Puffs: These cheese puffs were long like a finger and packed a serious kick. Great crunchy texture and made with natural ingredients. Did I mention these were long? I had a few that were the length of a Sharpie. Wow.
9. Sauder’s Buffalo Hot Eggs: PICKLED HARD BOILED EGGS THAT TASTE LIKE BUFFALO WINGS. Let that sink in. I was super hesitant but these were mind blowing to me. On point tangy Buffalo flavor and noticeable spice all in a hard boiled egg which I love. You don’t want to Cool Hand Luke challenge me. I’ll take care of business.
10. Cielo’s Crunchy Olives: Weird, right? These felt/tasted basically like breaded sun dried tomatoes. Tangy, slightly crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Great Italian flavor. Bizarre generally.
And that’s that! My wrap up on the 2017 Summer Fancy Food Show. Which would you love to try? Let me know in the comments below.