These 10 Summer Fancy Food Show Products Will Make Your Sweet Tooth Ache
JFG Nation, it’s July 3 and no one is at work. Well, no one except for me. Are you at work? Let me know in the comments below.
And now, another Buzzfeed-lookback back on the Summer Fancy Food Show from last week. This time:
MY FAVORITE SFFS17 SWEETS!
1. This was a fruit I’d never heard of or tried. Kalamansi? But it was amazing – tart, sweet, and delightfully sour. It was like a sour orange. Awesome.
2. There were no samples of these Guinness baked goods available for snacking, but the idea of adding the dry stout to a cake or brownie makes sense to me.
3. Genius idea: FLAVORED ICE CREAM CONES. But like, for real, not just the random brown cones that people claim are “chocolate” flavored. The Konery’s cones were legit – especially the confetti cake one.
4. Krispy Kreme and Jelly Belly mashup? Why not!? The candy flavor was spot on, especially the glazed blueberry cake.
5. I’ve had coffee chocolate before, but this Jet Black from Wild Ophelia could wake the dead. Wow. Dark chocolate on steroids.
6. This was my best bite a couple years ago. Browned shortbread covered in caramel, chocolate, and smoked sea salt makes this a gourmet Twix that gave my taste buds a Tiger uppercut.
7. The Vermont based Potlicker LLC still makes the most mindblowing jams of the show. Their carrot cake jam is still an eye-widening flavor – makes your toast taste like carrot cake. Unbelievable.
8. Not a huge fan of goat milk but this caramel sauce was perfect. Goat milk flavor was subtle and the smoothness could not be beat. One of the best caramel sauces I’ve tasted hands down.
9. For fans of low cal desserts consider this: 5 ingredient coconut mousse. I was a doubter, and this chilled treat is not ice cream, but it was still REALLY flavorful. Basically mousse made with coconut milk to bring the calories down. I could eat tubs of this.
10. This was by far my favorite frozen treat of the show – Jeni’s cream puff ice cream. The base was salty sweet, and the texture was amazing – loaded with puff pieces and bits of frozen cream that contrasted with the ice cream. Mouthgasm.
Which sweets would you love to try? Let me know in the comments below.