CONTEST: Peanut Butter & Co. Bee’s Knees Peanut Butter! #PeanutButterBuzz & Wait, WAIT…What the Hell is the Southern Ocean??
Junk Food Nation, I haven’t had a contest in MONTHS, so let’s DO IT. But before we get to that, I want to throw out a trivia question: How many oceans are there?
That’s right, I just asked you how many oceans there were. Because when I was growing up, the answer was easy: FOUR. The Atlantic, the Pacific, the Indian, and the Arctic. Boom, done. Knowing how many oceans is like knowing how many feet are in a mile (5280) or human body temp (98.6). I mean, it’s been four oceans for AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER.
So imagine my complete and utter surprise that apparently, APPARENTLY, since 2000, there is a fifth ocean, A FIFTH OCEAN, that exists now! The Southern Ocean. THE SOUTHERN OCEAN. I randomly learn this fact YESTERDAY reading, of all things, Deadspin, and my. jaw. dropped. Five oceans??? I seriously thought this was a joke.
First of all, how the hell does the WORLD just decide there’s a fifth ocean when IT’S BEEN THERE THE WHOLE TIME. We aren’t charting new ground here…It’s the same damn water that’s been there since I was born! And second of all, since 2000? 2000?? How have I not at least HEARD of the Southern Ocean *once* in the past fourteen years?
Seriously, I must live in a bubble. Had you all heard of the Southern Ocean before? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. Let me know in the comments below.
Today’s junk food and the subject of my latest contest: Peanut Butter & Co. The Bee’s Knees Peanut Butter!
I know what you’re thinking, Junk Food Nation. “But Eric, you’ve reviewed this Peanut Butter & Co. Bee’s Knees Peanut Butter before!” Yes, yes I have. But then PB & Co. contacted me to help promote their honey/peanut butter concoction for the Spring, #PeanutButterBuzz, and they shipped a TON of Bee’s Knees peanut butter, so I figured, let’s bring it up again!
Would you guys like some? I’m sure you would. So I’m back again with another Twitter contest. #PeanutButterBuzz is the name of the game, and all my tweets will feature that hashtag.
So what’s the prize? Pretty simple – win my drawing, and you’ll be in line for two (2) free jars of delicious Peanut Butter & Co. Bee’s Knees Peanut Butter! They look like this…except you’re only getting two jars, not three, suckers:
So did I like Peanut Butter & Co. Bee’s Knees Peanut Butter, back when I reviewed it? Let’s look back:
“Peanut Butter & Co. The Bee’s Knees Peanut Butter was really REALLY good. I actually liked this better than their White Chocolate Wonderful. Texture wise, it was smooth, light, and easy EASY to spread. Maybe that’s all the oils, but whatever. This peanut butter didn’t give any snag or pull to my spoon.
“Taste wise, it was sweet. VERY sweet. While most people think the White Chocolate Wonderful tastes more like Peanut Butter Cup filling, I actually think this Bee’s Knees tastes more like candy cup filling. It was sweet and peanut butter without being over-the-top sugary. That must be the honey. While I couldn’t taste the honey right at the start besides the sweetness, I did detect that honey sweetness in the aftertaste, much like how you’d get that honey essence after finishing a honey graham cracker or a honey granola bar. It was really nice tasting.”
See what I did there? I quoted my own blog post. Yeah, that’s what is happening right now.
Anyways, you’re gonna want to win this stuff. I loved it, and I gave a few of those single size packs to my co-workers, and they can’t get enough. So how to win? See below…
(The SOUTHERN OCEAN. Pfffft….You have GOT to be KIDDING me.)
*** TWITTER CONTEST DETAILS ***
Ok, so how can you get your hands on a TWO (2) JARS of PEANUT BUTTER & CO. THE BEE’S KNEES PEANUT BUTTER:
1. Join Twitter. This is a Twitter contest, so man up and sign up. I keep telling you to do this. So do it.
2. Once you’re on Twitter, look for my tweets about Peanut Butter & Co.! To best find these tweets, follow me on Twitter here – it’s not required, but it’ll make everything a whole lot easier when you’re looking for my Peanut Butter & Co. tweets.
3. Re-Tweet the Peanut Butter & Co. Tweets that I’ll post periodically through the week. AND THAT’S IT. You’ll automatically be entered in a drawing for two (2) jars of The Bee’s Knees Peanut Butter!
4. Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on Tuesday, May 20, 2014. Get all your Re-Tweets in before then! I’ll announce the winner on Wednesday, May 21, 2014.
5. US residents are the only ones eligible to participate, and no one with PO Boxes…AND no Hawaii or Alaska. I don’t make the rules. Wait, I kind of do. But whatever – Peanut Butter & Co. will only ship within the US and to no PO Boxes, and no Hawaii or Alaska. SORRY! So keep that in mind.
6. Friends can and SHOULD enter, since I’ve become friends with so many of you over Facebook, Twitter, comments, etc. Family cannot enter, but is encouraged to re-tweet anyways and have THEIR friends enter.
7. The more times you Re-Tweet, the more times you’ll be entered! The winners of the Candy Corn Oreos DELUGED THEIR TIMELINES with Junk Food Guy tweets. You can do the same thing!
So that’s it, Junk Food Nation! Enter my Twitter Contest and win a TWO (2) JARS of PEANUT BUTTER & CO. THE BEE’S KNEES PEANUT BUTTER mailed directly to your door. DO IT!
Junk Food Guy
PS: THE SOUTHERN OCEAN CMON NOW REALLY